Friday, August 10, 2012

I've been in a bad spot lately. Strangely, I have been helped by the needs of others. It is my sister's family. My kid and two of her kids went to the same day camp this week. My husband and my sister joined forces in regard to driving and scheduling, and starting Wednesday, I took it upon myself to feed everyone dinner. And I am SOOOOOO glad my sister and her husband went for the dinner end of things. I needed very much to cook for them. My husband is used to my food and my kids are often picky, but my sister and her husband often work late and are tired after work. It gave me real purpose to include their family at my table. They are not used to my food and so it was something different for them. Also, I have the pleasure of knowing what all goes into my food and that it is packed with nutrients without including any unneccessary burdens on the bodies of those who consume it. They are coming over again Friday night and I am so happy about that that I can't even explain it. Friday is going to be a good day. I'm cooking for ten people again. I LOVE that. It makes me feel capable.
IT FEEDS ME.

2 comments: