Saturday, June 2, 2012

For Mago and others who may have stopped by here wondering what in the world is going on, I can say a bit, but I must be vague on this subject for safety and security reasons. Someone I love very much reported terrible, dangerous and criminal circumstances to me in hopes of getting help for the situation. OF COURSE I will get help for my loved one. I'm not capable of an iffectual response to such a report, even though I have a host of problems that make response difficult. The past week has been a living hell of panic, worry, research, reporting and travel. I still can't believe that I have managed to do what I have done, but I have. It all seems very surreal, though. It's hard. Especially the travel and the contact with certain law enforcement agencies that I felt intimidated by at first. To my great relief, I was met by officials at these agencies with concern, compassion and a love of justice FOR ALL. You know what? Not all of our tax dollars are wasted. Some of them go to pay the salaries of people who actually give a damn. I like that. Also, my husband, when feeling overwhelmed, has told me many times that he wants nothing to do with certain types of problems of a certain person anymore because he is just burned out on it. He totally changed his tune when he heard the details that I thought I wasn't supposed to bother him with and he has been VERY helpful and supportive. It turns out that my therapist, who first tried to quiet my panic with words that felt dismissive, was only trying to keep the panic from escalating into something that might cripple me and stop me from being effective in this situation. He has pledged to stay with me through this and he is doing so. Also, I have learned that the individuals who work for certain law enforcement agencies are kind, concerned and truly intersted in justice. They have promised me that they will act and that they care about this situation. Even my daughters have played a role in this. Though I would never horrify them with the details, they can tell when I am stressed and so I finally told them a very vague and bland version: our loved one has a problem and needs my help and so I must travel and am feeling stressed. You know what they did while the hub and I drove for hours and hours through terrible storms on no sleep in order to meet with officials? THEY CLEANED OUR HOUSE. These girls, most of whome do not even hang up their own bath towels without prompting, cleaned the house. I am not alone alone amymore and I must remember this. I have to remember. There is a lot of work ahead in order to restore civil rights to a group of folks who are being criminally abused. I have to remember that I am not alone in this. I also have to remember to care for myself. It's hard when there is such worry and the appetite is low, but I have to keep up my strength or I will be of no use. Friday was the day of stormy travel with no sleep to meet with officials. I slept well for the first time in a week when I returned home and then I cooked a nice meal for my family on Saturday. Still, I have a lot of catching up to do because of how things have been. Things are hard right now, but I am trying my best. On the upsetting trip to meet with officials, I drew strength from the stories of the American Revolution. I am sorry that I do not remember the man's name right now, but there was a man who was very ill when he made the trip to vote for the Declaration of Independence. I can relate. I can because people like him ARE America. I will be America, too. Even if I am scared. No one gets to do the things that are being done right now to my loved one and to others without people like me and the officials I have encountered strenuously interfering with such evil acts. These people WILL be stopped. Every person has civil rights and there are many of us who will do whatever we need to do in order to assure them. Even if we don't feel good.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know why...but you still!! Amaze me. And you're right - you are one helluva strong woman!!!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. xxxx. Your warrior is strong. xxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Law enforcement is a nice thing when done properly: No one is over the law - and no one is under the law, it is equal for any human being.
    Whatever you do, do it right - and (as you already realized) take care of yerself: Get enough sleep, eat healthy, drink enough water. Good to learn that those around you support you. Later, if you feel it is appropriate, you may tell the whole story, if you like.
    Good luck EH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good and healing thoughts to you.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete