Sunday, January 24, 2010

She's a Jeen-yis

Excerpts from an interview with the author I trashed in the last post:



Q: Do you think there's any movie or TV show that's done a good job of portraying sexual abuse?

A: "There's a moment on HBO's "True Blood" in the first season, where Sookie Stackhouse is talking to Bill, her vampire lover, about what happened between her and her uncle, and I thought that was a very good depiction. She said it didn't ruin her life, but it's sad that something like that has to color her feelings about sex and intimacy as an adult."

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS IT'S A BIG DEAL THAT CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ABUSE COLORS SOMEONE'S FEELINGS ABOUT SEX AND INTIMACY AS AN ADULT? This piece is huge for me, but some people need very much for it to be a minor detail. I wonder if the author has ever been sucking her husband's dick and nearly vomited when it morphed into her father's dick right before her eyes (and in her mouth)? I wonder if she has ever had problems with crying during sex? I shouldn't have these problems, either. According to this author, I shouldn't have any problems because my father did not molest me violently. He was mostly gentlemanly in such sexual matters, you know? According to this author, I didn't know there was anything wrong with the situation because of that. No harm done then, right? Lucky me. My son was not so lucky. I took up with a man just like my father. But I'll bet this numb bitch still wouldn't understand how even a 'gentle molestation' causes trauma. Again and again and again.



Q: Why are you so opposed to the idea of recovered memory?

A: "Because it doesn't exist. There is not one single research study showing that people exposed to horrifying, overwhelming, painful events "repress them" and recover them later on. Rather, people exposed to horrifying events report that they often remember them all too well. Ask any child exposed to the recent earthquake in Haiti if they "repressed it." None will. True trauma will always be remembered."


OOPS. MY BAD. I MUST HAVE MADE IT ALL UP. As a matter of fact, my whole life changed the moment I read that, folks. I'm cured!! I'll never have a flackback again! I never have to worry about dissociating ever again!! It's a fucking miracle!




May I be frank? And if you read here often, you know I'm going to be. :-) I think this author is hiding something and I think it's big. And no, that doesn't make me feel sorry for her. Personally, I think she should go suck her father's dick. Gently, of course.

8 comments:

  1. AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS IT'S A BIG DEAL THAT CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ABUSE COLORS SOMEONE'S FEELINGS ABOUT SEX AND INTIMACY AS AN ADULT? ~ Um...nope. You're not the only one. I have been tryin to process what this woman is saying. Because frankly it makes me feel like an even bigger freak! I can't have sex like a "normal" persona - and I have serious psych issues with sex. Whether a child "understands" sex does not matter! It does not matter whether a 5 year old understands sex or not - a 5 year old's vagina is NOT meant to be penetrated by a grown man's dick! I am afraid every night. I have no idea what love and intimacy are...But no - there's no "lasting effects" from being fucked by a man who was supposed to protect me..none at all. I'm perfectly normal!
    WTF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, it seems to me that she has very few valid points. I do understand that some people who have been abused are less affected than others, but to boil it down the way she has is ignorant. Willfully so, in her case. And her claim that most therapists want to make people believe their abuse was worse than it was is NOTHING like any therapy experience I have ever had, and I have tried therapy many times. Just the opposite, it seems to me that therapists don't really want to know, don't want to hear, they just want people to act happy. Which is exactly why I am still in this mess. Therapists line up around the fucking block to minimize this shit so fast that I'm beginning to wonder if quitting therapy is the only way to be left in peace to process this stuff honestly. Then that way, I do it ALONE. AGAIN. I was all alone being hurt and now I have to either stay alone or listen to some dumb ass cheerleader try to convince me that it wasn't so bad. No wonder I'm crazy. I hate this bitch as much as I hate Marsha. I think the two of them should have a gentle three way with Old Guy. Can you imagine the boner he could produce for a pair like these two?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I just learned - and whow! - it'S the mistake of the feminists:
    "In the 1950s and 1960s, psychiatrists were very open and honest about sexual abuse, but there was also that tendency to think it was the child's fault. Feminists were naturally infuriated, because it's not the children's fault! But the way they got attention to it was to portray the sexual abuse in a way that would shock people. They did that by comparing it to a rape. Before that, the reaction from the medical and psych communities was, "This is not something we really care about." It wasn't until feminists and child-protection advocates misportrayed it that we were able to arouse massive medical and scientific attention to the topic."

    Sexual abuse is misinterpreted as rape. By feminists in 1950s and 1960s. Get me right please, I do NOT WANT to mis-understand that woman willingly. And I do not want to play some semantic trickery.
    I think she simply talks bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh well see we have a theory only those who are hidfing soemthing themselves say that people who remember thngs later on in life arent remembering it true.

    Perhaps this person is in fact repressing their own memories.

    And for the record as a multiple we repressed things to survive but i guess they wouldnt believe in multiplicity either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not misunderstanding, Mago. For some reason, this woman wants and needs to minimize childhood sexual abuse.

    JIP, I wouldn't be surprised if you are correct about why. My husband thinks that people who do this might even be abusers themselves. In any case, abusers get protected with this take on things. And those of us who are suffering from 'make believe trauma' get minimized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this person isnt a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Kahless. I hope the same thing. What a dangerous mother she would be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for making me laugh. I've been pissed off about it ever since I saw a reference to this on Twitter and then I started tweeting about it. Thanks for the link, too. I hadn't seen that particular interview. I hope she stays out of our country.

    And, oh, I'm so glad you have been so miraculously healed! Praise da Lawd!

    ReplyDelete