Sunday, February 3, 2013

Here I am in this strange space again. It's because I have an announcement to share with anyone who still comes here. Superbowl Sunday is a traumatic anniversary for me. Something terrible happened to me many years ago right after the game. And tonight I noticed... the laundry I was washing, the web pages I was reading, the birthday I was sharing with my twin daughters (they turned 17 today and the birthdate is also a traumatic anniversary and this year both happened to share the same date). And I am fine. I am more than fine. Not because I spent the day distracting myself or ignoring what happened or the things I suffered on this date, but because I paid attention to them quite a bit in the last several years (I didn't have much choice because those events hijacked my life and I refused to listen to the 'just get over it' folks who invalidated me). For those who might still be in the shit -- I am out and on the other side now. The other side really does exist!! I am still just beginning to learn how to walk over here, but this is a real place. Don't give up. Never give up. This place is real and I will be waiting for you here. Keep walking. It's going to be okay.

6 comments:

  1. Good and healing thoughts to you.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Tell me how gorgeous it is :-) I bet the view is spectacular

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your blog and nominated you for a blog award.

    http://sunshineandshadowslifewithdid.blogspot.com/2013/03/2013-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've come out on the other side myself, in some areas of my life, so I know what you mean. I'm so glad that you are in a better place with everything, and I feel a bit sheepish for not coming around more than once in a blue moon.

    ReplyDelete