Monday, July 27, 2009

I talked with the therapist. We talked about how much the old incident hurt me and how sometimes even something seemingly small like, 'Have you heard of DBT?' or 'Would you consider medication?' steps on that hurt place and brings the protector out spoiling for a fight. It makes him want to attack and destroy anything that looks or sounds even remotely disrespectful of my experience. We talked about the girls. The poor little one. Just between us bloggies, she has been in such a sad and scared state because she was afraid that Rambo and the teenage girl were going to rip her away from the man she knows as her mother. The same one who welcomed us all today even after all the venom that has been spewed. He said he doesn't dislike Rambo and he knows he only wants to protect me. This has not been a fun couple of days for me. I have been in hell. Last night I bailed out with a six pack of beer and woke up with a hell of a hangover. Summer sucks and having this emotional chaos around therapy has been very upsetting. I feel a little bit better after talking with the therapist and we will continue on Wednesday because I really need to do something to get some peace from the war that lives in my head.

Then I was worried about spending the evening alone in the house because the husband and the kids are out watching the damn Yankees beat up on our Rays. Last I heard it was 8-3 in the ninth inning (insert Bronx cheer here). I called the hub and he asked me if Aunt P had called me here at the house. She hadn't. Seems she called the cell looking for me and she sounded very upset. I called her. I was afraid she was going to tell me that Grampa had died, but he's okay. She said HE'S okay, but SHE is not. She was sleeping when I called and she wants to call me tomorrow. Poor thing. As much as she wishes certain things were untrue, they are not. And they keep finding us. Over and over and over. Our family sucks. I wish we both could have gone to some other family who would not have abused and tormented us to the brink of insanity.

Thanks, you guys. This blog must read like a very mixed up mess, but you all are right when you tell me I'm not alone. Thank you for showing up to remind me. You're good people.

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad your therapist seems to get it and that he can take a verbal pounding and still be there for you. That's a rare thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know it is rare. There are a lot of good things with him. I just wish the bad thing had never happened. It was scary, confusing and very painful and it has put the many good things in jeopardy. I get very messed up when it gets stepped on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol a therapist that doest argue back when in fits of pissed off mode is a good thing we think

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you mixed up, than I'm mixed up...but I don't think that's the case. I think we're dealing with all the "crap" the best way we know how.
    It sounds like you really do have a good therapist. He should be able to take your "pain" and "hold it" - and it is confusing and painful and scary...
    But you are courageous and strong...even when you don't see it!
    I'm glad I found your blog...it makes me feel less alone in my own struggles...
    ~ Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel a strang urge to remind you what happened last time you spoke with Aunt P, but I dont know why as I cant remember what happened. But I felt the urge to remind you.

    You have been in my thoughts especially this week.
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad it went well the the therapist and that you're going back tomorrow. I know it will be hard to get over the bad stuff, but the good stuff might make it worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you are feeling a little better and that he's still there for you. I hope something good will come out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are mixed up so am I. The fighting in our own head seems to be the worst. I am glad you can be open with your therapist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't remember exactly what happened, either, Kahless, but you are right. The last time with Aunt P set off my stuff. I should go back and look at my posts to see what happened. Thank you for the reminder. You're a nice friend.

    ReplyDelete