Monday, June 1, 2015

Something good happened this evening. It was a very simple something good. I went for a walk. See? Simple. But for a while, that wasn't so simple. Last year I took up power walking after my sister died. I did great at it. I helped me to feel better mentally and emotionally. Plus I dropped fifteen pounds without changing anything else (already had good eating habits for the most part). I could go three miles a day at a really fast clip and barely even get winded. It was awesome. It used to charge up my batteries, body and soul. Of course sometimes life gets busy and a person may slack off for a week or two. That happened a few times. No biggie. But after my daughter's car accident at the end of March, I simply had too many things to do. And during tax season to boot!! The insurance claims and the issue of getting another car, plus the go-to-ground level of anxiety the whole thing caused brought everything to a screeching halt. I went out once or twice for a mile or two, but it didn't feel the same way and that was it for a while. I tried to go back out and walk last week, but I had to turn around and go back home not even a quarter mile in due to anxiety. You see, after the incident with the panic attack on the bridge (scroll down), I became afraid of the sky. Don't ask me to explain, because I can't really do that right now. But walking outside so far and away from the house, with a hungry sky above me, was just too much. Like the sky was waiting to suck me up into it and I would have no firm ground to stand on. And so I turned around and went home. But not today. Today I walked a mile in my own shoes and it was good. I hope this is a sign of things to come. I need good things.

1 comment:

  1. Just peeping in.
    Walking helps a lot, I'm starting it again.

    ReplyDelete