Thursday, July 25, 2013

Some white folks pretty much have 'fros. And that's just the way it is.

One of my daughters was telling me how she wants to have her hair chemically straightened. She knows that some African American women do this and if it can work for African American hair, it will definitely work for her hair. Then I told her about the damage that undue interference causes for hair (some of which she already has from a straightening iron). I told her how such drastic actions will burn and break hair and generally make it look like shit if a lady insists on chemically maintaining a high maintenance 'do over time. I told her she should leave her hair alone. She told me again about how much she wants straight hair.
"You see my hair?" I asked.
"Yeah."
"You see your Daddy's hair?"
"Yeah."
"You're screwed, kid."

2 comments: