Saturday, June 5, 2010

Been a really long time since I did one of these...

It's a ten questions meme from Mago!

1) Do you believe in ghosts?
Not definitively, but I acknowledge the possibility that they exist. This might seem like an odd answer to the few readers who know about the uh... 'haunting' I experience that resembles poltergeist activity. The thing is, I don't really think of it as a ghost or a spirit, I simply think of it as inexplicable happenings. I will concede that some of the happenings do resemble attempts at intelligent communication and the possibility exists that it may be a spirit, but I still don't know what it is and I usually don't pay too much attention to it.

2) Are you content with your life?
No.

3) Have you ever been at or close to point blank? (Defined as the point where one 'snaps'.)
Yes, but I was able to avoid committing an actual homicide. I'm not sure that's a good thing. Some people need killing.

4) Is philosophy necessary?
Much of it is often mindfully overrated by dissociated observing presences whose job it is to protect folks from a life without the philosophy of their choice, which is usually selected by the unconscious for the purpose of stowing their stuff so they don't have to look at it too closely. Philosophy may not be necessary, but it does seem unavoidable. Kind of like poop in a dog park. I know this sounds strange coming from a writer, but my own favorite philosophy doesn't even contain any words, just a middle finger. *end of rant*

5) Do you live with books?
Lots and lots of books on my shelves. I even wrote one of them.

6) Have you ever been on stage?
Many, many times. I even fell from a stage once in front of a large number of people (I'm a terrible klutz). Luckily, the only thing that was injured was my pride. Which was quite surprising because it's a bigger fall than one might imagine. I could have broken a bone or something.

7) Do you regularly read a printed newspaper?
No. I get almost all of my news online these days. And I never did like getting newsprint ink on my fingertips.

8) Are you afraid of the future?
Sometimes, but mostly the thought of what it might contain makes me sad. More than anything though, the idea of future is getting harder and harder to imagine.

9) Do you know yourself?
Partly. :-) But at least I have a sense of humor.

10) Will you play on?
Sure. But I don't want to make up my own questions. Anybody who stops by and wants to participate can take these questions and play along. Come let me know in comments so Mago and I can read your answers, okay?

6 comments:

  1. I'll do it. Mago has put up with me for quite some time and you used to put up with me and might be willing to do so again so, sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am 'willing to do so again'. I always have been, only I wouldn't put it quite that way. I think of it as having the pleasure of your company.

    Can you leave a link here to your main blog or wherever you will be posting the meme? I've lost track of your space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you EH for taking part and playing on! I linked cie and others who took part at my site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK - I went a little further and answered your (Mago's) questions and Scarlet Blue's questions! :) This was a fun change of pace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Along time for me too and I'll never get through this one but I have been near that point blank place. I'm very aware of the decision not to cross that line into oblivion.

    ReplyDelete